BENTON’S BLOG: This and That
We have a few days off until the Thunder are back to play with games.
Here’s what’s happening and happened during the week:
• NHL schedules are out. Opening Day is this Saturday. Here’s a look at the Edmonton Oilers slate – make your plans. They only have one visit to San Jose this season (an off night for the Thunder). [Edmonton Journal]
• Credit where credit is due. The San Jose Sharks continue to roll out commercial hilarity. [PuckDaddy]
• The pride of Thunder alumni – Devan Dubnyk – may be on the verge of a bigger role with the Oilers this season. [Star Phoenix]
• In case you’re wondering about Devin DiDiomete – he’s suspended for four games after the hit on Ryan Constant last Saturday. Constant was also wearing a full face shield for the entire game. [ECHL]
• The inventor of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine, Frank Zamboni, was born 112 years ago today. Want to see a cool tribute? Go to Google’s home page today.
***Update: it’s no longer Wednesday, so the site is back to normal. But we captured these screengrabs of the Google homepage from the Zamboni fun. In short: you press play to activate a Zamboni ice resurfacing game. Once the ice is cleaned up, the driver gives you a “thumbs up!”
SEPARATED AT BIRTH
There’s another Hunt in the locker room apparently (Ryan Green).
Dr. Owen Hunt, anybody?